Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Not Just Any Dried Flowers



Here's a photo from a Midwest Living photo shoot - in my Living Room. It's all dried flowers......I jammed 2 bunches of bittersweet in my green lustreware vase, added my favorite hydrangeas - annabelles, and silica gel dried peonies and roses. Then finished it off with "Old Man's Beard" Clematis seed head vines.....all grown here at Camrose Hill except the roses and the bittersweet.

When I first started as a florist, the only dried flowers available looked dusty, country and weedy. I knew there must be a way to make dried arrangements look as lively as my fresh flowers - sophisticated, natural, loose. This arrangement shows the results of my experimenting with many techniques and types of flowers. I love the casual, simple style - Beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment